Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Why Do We Call It Christmas - A NEW DVD!


This video is AWESOME!   This video is a part of a new video series that Phil Vischer (Creator of Veggie Tales) has created called "What's in the Bible?" I recently asked De in our Reflections Bookstore to order me the full volume set. The first 6 DVDs in the set are GREAT teachings on the Old Testament. I have been very impressed by them and will probably use clips of them in our teachings with the kids in Winner's Circle. The DVDs even come with a free Digital Copy! AWESOME! Way to go Phil!

But this week, I heard about a new DVD released for Christmas in the same series. The video is called "Why Do We Call It Christmas?"  I couldn't wait to get the DVD in to see it. So I went to www.whatsinthebible.com and found that I can actually download the ENTIRE DVD! Yahoo!

I just finished watching it and it is very well-done and teaches kids so many different things about our Christmas traditions that we all wonder about. I even learned new things from this video and I believe your entire family will learn a lot about the traditions of Christmas and why we do certain things in our Christmas celebrations.
  • Why do we cut down trees and drag them into our houses?
  • What does Santa Claus have to do with Jesus' birthday?
  • Was Jesus born on December 25th 1A.D.?
  • Why do we hang stockings on our mantles?
  • What is Hanukkah?
"It's an educational, informational, Christmical Party!"

You can buy this DVD in our Reflections Bookstore. De is ordering them today and she says they will be in by December 7th. She said you can reserve your copy today and be the first to receive it when it arrives! She also said if you mention that Pastor Jason sent you, she'll give you 15% off! ;)

Or, if you're a techie like me and you just can't wait, you can download your copy from www.whatsinthebible.com

Check out the Trailer and other clips from the video

My favorite quote from the video... "It's a good thing I brought my flannel graph!"

Enjoy!

1 comment: