Monday, October 10, 2011

Kids serving other kids

Yesterday morning I was met by a beaming 4th grade girl in the Studio.

She said, "Pastor Jeff, guess what?"

I looked at her for a few seconds thinking about what the "what" could have been.

I responded, "I don't know. What's up?"

She said, "I brought in $63.00 for the African Children."
She was referring to the African Children's Project we've been giving our kid's offerings to.

I asked her where she got the money. I wasn't expecting the answer I received.

Her response was simple. She said, "Yesterday, I sold lemonade for it.
Wow! It's awesome to see our kids learning that they can make a difference now. They don't have to wait until they're older. How exciting is that?!

2 comments:

  1. Awesome! Her brother brought in a bunch as well!

    http://www.africanchildrensproject.org/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it not remarkable to see kids leading the way when it comes to giving? They don't just give what they have, they find ways to GENERATE cash for the Kingdom.

    ReplyDelete